Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting close to release

Getting real close to finishing now. At first the programming went really fast because I was mostly sticking to stuff I had learned. That was the first 3-5 days. And I was going at such a quick pace I thought I would have been able to finish it by the end of that week.

But then I started to get into the stuff where I didn't have as much experience, i.e., sqlite3, libxml2, and url connections. Those each held me up a while until I could figure out how to work them. On the plus side, I think I was able to come up with a handy NSURLConnection subclass that I will implement at some point to handle the asynchronous connections that I make to the World of Warcraft Armory. But I might have that along with a few other features I want to add for a future update. Right now I just want to get a working version out onto the app store.

My revised completion date is by the end of this weekend. Which means it won't be approved (hopefully) by Apple and be up on the app store for another week. In the mean time, I will work on an update to thread more functions and add functionality.

I'll post my subclass a little later. And my next post after that will be when I finish the app and submit it for approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment