Friday, October 23, 2009

Presence 3

Finally got around to finishing Presence 3. All that's left now is 4 hours of video and one more assignment. Hoping to finish it by the end of the weekend but if not, definitely be mid next week. Then I can start working on an app. I could still use some good ideas that don't require graphics. I'm hoping to learn some non-OpenGL stuff as I go along and maybe make a rudimentary game. Which means I will need to come up with an idea where the gameplay will out weigh the poor graphics. But that's further down the line.

The first part of presence 3 was super difficult and the last part was super easy. The first part was so hard because of the threading for the status updates. I got lucky that I figured it out, it was a complete guess on my part, I found little help on the google group for auditors. But now I know that you have to alloc/init the status updates array right at the beginning or else it crashes. Go figure. One reason I didn't think of that right at the beginning is because it seems to load the array just fine in the thread but doesn't crash until it tries to render. Odd thing is the array responded to the count selector but not to any other selectors. Since it responded to count, I thought that is was allocating fine but I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment