Saturday, October 17, 2009

Presence 2

This assignment turned out to be more problematic than I first thought. The first half of it wasn't too bad. But the last half with the variable height rows were a pain the the ass. I see the merit in not giving the student everything but I think they should at least give us the methods necessary to do the assignment. Ah well, that assignment took up the better part of my day.

Halfway through the classes now, I think the last half might go faster than I had thought. Turns out there's just parts 3 and 4 left for the Presence assignment and then there's no more assignments, just lectures. Looks like I won't be able to make a graphically intense game though. A few factors stand in the way of that. 1) I'm not a graphics person. And most teams have a separate person that focuses on that aspect of the game. 2) From what I can tell, animation requires a lot of affine matrix transformations. Which I am ill equipped to handle with my psychology degree. 3) It doesn't look like the class is going to cover OpenGL.

No comments:

Post a Comment